Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Surgery: Part I

As I told you earlier. I was a bit upset the week before my surgery. I was really worried things would go wrong. Surprisingly, on the morning of, I was completely calm. I had no thoughts of doom or gloom. I pray all of the time. I just asked if HE would take away the feeling of dread, and HE did. Jaime and I talked and laughed while we waited for the OB to come. He was doing his best to be strong, but it was working. While I was blanketed under the Lord's power of calm, my poor husband looked like he was the one going under the knife. He literally turned green!

When my OB/GYN finally came into pre-op she told us the surgery would take one and a half to two hours. She assured Jaime that she would take care of me. In so many words, he assured her there was not a crack in hell she could hide in if she didn't. So in my SEXY gown, I went in for the removal of my fibroids. (I wonder why fibroids plague so many black women?) I kissed my "green" husband, and was wheeled into the OR. I only remember oxygen being applied to my face, a ten minute nap, and waking up to a look of relief on my husband's face.

No comments: