Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Thankful

Today was one of those days. I don't feel worried, but I am wondering how things will turn out. I think I've disguised worry with wonder.

I called my dear friend Earnestine Phillips, as I've often done when I'm stressed. Over the years I've gone to her for so many things. She is always gracious enough to stop whatever she's doing to listen and help. She just knows what to say. She won't listen to a pity party, because there is no need for it. She uplifts me with her words of encouragement and sometimes won't even remember saying it. I truly believe at times He speaks through her.

Today, she emailed me this wonderful clip of Smokey Norful singing Dear God, and saying exactly what I feel in this moment.

2 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

No better friend than that.

Oh, and my 2 cents: AUDITION!!!

Diane J Standiford said...

I hope you have a big record deal!
Peace, Diane